Saturday, December 10, 2005

Further non-work on that story

But seriously, I'll finish it sometime. There are two reasons why I haven't so far:
1. It takes time, which I unfortunately have wasted on other things.
2. It takes the right mood, and honestly, I'm far too cheerful to finish this the way I intended. At least for the past few weeks.

I'm thinking of something to write in the future. It's about...space Mormons!
...
I wrote a description on it. The description was desperately boring. So, I deleted it. If I get around to fleshing it out (or perhaps flushing it out), maybe it will be funny. Or maybe it'll piss people off. Either way, I'll be entertained.
Well, it's more than space Mormons. But that probably doesn't matter to you right now.


When I'm tired, like I am now, I can't write for crap. It comes out boring and insipid, and kind of depressing (I have now gone through and rewritten every sentence - because they were all crap the first time, and some even the second or third. When I'm less tired I need less revising). So, why don't I go to sleep and write later? When I am well-rested, I want to do everything but write. That's why. Come to think of it, I'm most lazy when I feel good. When I'm tired, or overwhelmed with work - that is when I am usually most productive. I could speculate that's it's because when I feel good, it doesn't seem like I need to do anything further. So I don't. Hmmm....

Why did you read all that? It couldn't have been very interesting.

Sleep is sounding really good now.

Want a poem? No? Unfortunately, the Internet is not yet interactive through time. If you are protesting, you'll have to do it just a little louder and without regards to the usual chronological flow. If you do that, I'll definitely do as you ask, just for the novelty of it.
Of course, you could easily stop reading.

How about this one -


If ever I gain
enough acclaim,
perhaps I shall be renouned -
recalled by a different name.


(I am such a sucker for bad puns. My apologies to those of you who aren't - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=renown might help you figure things out.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should study more

gene

Aaron said...

Oh, is that supposed to be an insult? Huh?
Well, see if...uh. If I...I'll think of something. Hunger is interfering with thinking right now.

Heh. I should. But, I don't need to. All I really need to do right now is to finish my classes.
...well, I guess I should study Chinese some more....