Sunday, December 04, 2005

Unfortunately, it's still not finished (unless you don't want it finished, in which case you are in luck)

Things have been a little busy. But just you watch - if they get busier, I'll retreat by writing. Then it'll be finished. And we can all be happy. Unless you're disgusted by such a worthless collection of words. Hey, at least I have started a small collection. Maybe it's not very exotic or well-arranged, but at least it's something.


Anyway. Here's a poem.


Raised and called,
raised and called
Good Christian nation
that we are, but
Lazarus's not involved.
The preacher's going
to drive me to drink
I wish instead
I could be seeing the shrink.
He wants me to give up
all my earthly possessions -
and he'll get them all
in these damn poker sessions.



Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Why not blackjack??

Gene

Aaron said...

BECAUSE BLACKJACK IS BLACK WITH SIN LIKE THE DEVIL.

(I'd rather be seeing the shrink because his bets are lower, but couldn't figure out aquick way to say it that'd fit. It'll just be a present for people who like to analyze things, I guess).

I just thought it'd be fun to write.